CS:GO money system visualized
Posted 2013-05-09 Vuggo
CS:GO money system visualized above (Image from http://www.vakarm.net/)
In my opinion, the current system has a lot of flaws, I will list a few of them below:
1) It's way too beneficial buying shotguns on eco rounds, especially as CT. Getting a shotgun kill on a save round does not only reimburse you for the purchase, but also striking a huge impact on the opponent's cash situation.
2) Smart teams will optimize exit kills in a way so the players with SMGs or shotguns will get the last kills of the round. This will create ridiculous situations and slow down the game. We will also see additional knife kill attempts in order to capitalize on the 400% knife kill bonus
3) AWPers will be able to purchase less grenades with the current kill reward. This will lead to fewer kills, and therefore will sniping be a less important aspect of the game something I don't appreciate out of a strategical aspect.
4) The balance between the incentive of purchases on the second round between CT and T. In my opinion it's not reasonable for terrorists to buy anything if the bomb did not go down on the pistol round. Knowing this, CTs can be rather comfortable sparing their cash going into the third round. This will ultimately lead to an higher winning percentage on that round for CTs as well.
5) Team kills should not be penalized at all. The game's objective is to win rounds, not to lose as few teammates as possible, even that losing as few comrades as possible increases the likelihood of winning future rounds due to a healthier money situation.
What do you think?
Over and out!