Fnatic LoL is looking for a sports psychologist!
Posted 2016-11-14 Lepertum
We are Fnatic - born in 2004 into the new world of electronic sports (Esports). Since our inception, our team has won hundreds of championships across more than 20 different titles; more than any esports organisation globally today. Through our achievements, we’ve grown our social media following to more than 6 million fans, with many more millions in terms of online viewers following our pro-gamers monthly. As a leader in competitive gaming, our vision is to become the first globally recognised esports brand; to represent this community by creating engaging experiences, content and a full range of lifestyle gaming products.
Due to our rapid growth and continued success in esports, we’re looking for a Sports Psychologist to nurture, motivate and lead our League of Legends team. This is a phenomenal opportunity to kickstart your career in esports and help our team reach new potentials.
Context of the role
Looking forward to the 2017 season, we at Fnatic are looking to continue our investment into our infrastructure and support staff. Having learnt from the 2016 season, we believe that additions must be made to our League of Legends coaching line-up in order for our team to perform to the best of their abilities.
Therefore, Fnatic are now looking to welcome a mental coach in order to strengthen player synergy and teamwork.
The selected candidate will preferably live and work in Berlin, Germany (exceptions can be made).
Roles & Responsibilities
The successful applicant will:
- Lead and inspire a team consisting of highly talented athletes from various backgrounds
- Along with coach and manager, develop the best possible environment for players
- Develop synergy and trust within the team
- Constantly work on improving communication within the team
- Keep motivation of players and staff high
- Work with each player individually to help set personal and professional goals
- Track players’ individual progress and support players along the way to achieving their goals
- Identifying strengths and weaknesses within the team and communicating this knowledge to the players and coaching staff
- Frequently evaluate the mindset and attitude of the individuals in the team and provide them with suitable feedback, balanced criticism and motivating comments
- Work with players on developing emotional intelligence and tenacity
- Act as a mediator.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Qualification, certificate or degree in human science (psychology, psychotherapy, counselling etc.)
- Experience working with and coaching young individuals
- Experience working in a professional sporting background is preferred
- Minimum of 3 years experience in their field
- Base knowledge of League of Legends preferred, although not required
- Proficiency in English
- Additional languages will be considered as a big plus: German, Korean, French or Scandinavian languages are preferred.
What we have to offer
- The opportunity to work for the largest and most recognisable global brand in one of the most exciting and rapidly expanding industries
- Working with a talented, international and driven team of people who all share the same passion: esports
- Fast-paced, fun and friendly team working environment
- You’ll be given independence which will allow you to grow quickly and gain a lot of experience in a constantly growing industry
- Ongoing training and learning opportunities
- Great potential for personal development and to make your mark in an international business setting
- Competitive salary
- Food, travel and accommodation covered depending on applicant's circumstances
- Relocation assistance will be provided if needed.