We are hiring! LoL Assistant Manager in Berlin, Germany
Posted 2016-12-19 Lepertum
A little about us
We are Fnatic - born in 2004 into the new world of electronic sports (eSports). Since then, our charismatic pro-gamers have won thousands of tournaments across more than 20 games, the most out of any organisation. Through these achievements, we’ve grown to over 8 million fans on social media, with 10’s of millions more watching our pro-gamers compete globally each month.
Our mission is to lead the new world sport into every household through contents products and experiences, with the goal of becoming the first globally recognised lifestyle brand emerging from eSports.
Due to the explosive growth of our brand and the eSports movement as a whole, we’re searching for the next smart and driven Fnatic to join our ride.
Where you’ll be working
In the heart of Berlin, Fnatic has developed a training facility that is used on a daily basis by up to two professional gaming teams. This “Gaming Office” is within walking distance to the League of Legends gaming house, whilst also being easily accessible via U Bahn. State of the art and packed full of sponsor products, it will act as the headquarters of Fnatic’s operations in Berlin.
Context of the Role
As assistant manager, you will be primarily reporting to Finlay Stewart, the League of Legends team manager. However, Fnatic is a large organisation and there is lots happening! Hence, from time to time you may also report to various members of Fnatic HQ.
Together with Finlay, you will assist with Fnatic’s operations in Berlin and the management of the League of Legends team.
- Assisting the League of Legends manager with day to day tasks. Including the following:
Managing the welfare and happiness of the League of Legends squad via facilitating their day to day needs.
- Working with the team staff to manage expectations and communication between Riot Games, Fnatic HQ and independent press.
- Assisting with German speaking tasks and arranging appointments for staff and players on a regular basis.
- Coordinating with Fnatic HQ and sponsor partners to strengthen Fnatic’s operations in Berlin.
- Managing other members of the team such as additional personnel and contractors working for Fnatic.
The ideal candidate must retain the following qualities:
- Fluent in English and German. Additional languages a plus.
- Graduated from high school or national equivalent (18+)
- Strong organisational and social skills.
- Drive and passion for the role.
The idea candidate would be prefered to have the following qualities, although not essential:
- Currently studying / on a placement / gap year at University.
- Prior experience from positions of responsibility or management.
- Passion for esports and gaming.
What we have to offer
An opportunity to gain invaluable amounts of knowledge, experience and contracts in the heart of the League of Legends scene.
Working day to day with highly experienced and influential individuals in the heart of the industry. All with the same passion: esports and league of legends.The opportunity to work for the largest and most recognisable brand in one of the most exciting and fastest growing industries.
We provide for a monthly compensation comparable to Berlin based intern position.
Potential opportunities to travel to awesome events.
Applications, written in English, can be directed to [email protected]