Vainglory Pre Season Invitational: Live Coverage
Posted 2017-02-26 Jakazolo
We're excited to finally see our new Vainglory team in action at the Pre-Season Invitational coming live from San Francisco! Facing off in a 'Run the Gauntlet' format, our roster will be looking to topple Echo Fox, Immortals, NRG and Rogue, before taking down Super Evil Mega Corps' final boss to be the last man standing.
Format & Sequence
- The Vainglory Preseason Invitational will be played in a “Run the Gauntlet” format.
- Before the tournament begins, teams will be drawn randomly and assigned a number between 1-5.
- Teams 1 & 2 will play each other. The winner will play the next team in sequence.
- The final (sixth) team is guaranteed to be Team Super Evil (ShinKaigan, Nivmett and Gary). This is the “final boss.”
- The winner of each match will continue to play subsequent opponents until defeated, or until there are no more opponents.
- The undefeated team remaining at the end is the winner of the “Run the Gauntlet” Invitational.
Each team will play until it loses. An example scenario is below (6 teams):
- Team 1 plays Team 2, and wins.
- Team 1 plays Team 3 and loses.
- Team 3 plays Team 4 and wins.
- Team 3 plays Team 5 and wins.
- Team 3 plays Team 6 (Super Evil) and wins.
- Team 3 is the Gauntlet winner.
You can also find an interview with our new team, here.