Moonryde Invitational - Tournament Rules
- The Moonryde Invitational, sponsored by Jack Links, is an invitation-only tournament (the “Tournament”).
- There will be up to 36 teams in the Tournament. Teams will consist of four players (individually a “Participant” and together a “Team”), one of whom will be designated captain and will be the main point of contact with the Tournament organisers.
- Participants may stream the Tournament with the permission of the Tournament administrators. Such permission should be sought by contacting Fnatic Ltd (“Fnatic”) on the Tournament Discord or emailing email@example.com.
- The Tournament is a one day, Call of Duty: Warzone Tournament, with a main event and a showmatch. The main event will consist of four games where Teams compete against each other to accumulate the most points across the four games. A breakdown of how points are calculated is detailed in Rule 2.2.
- Halfway through the main event, a showmatch will take place to collect a prize separate to the main event.
- The Tournament prize pool is £30,000, split as follows:
- 1st place: £16,000
- 2nd place: £8,000
- 3rd place: £4,000
- Showmatch winner: £2,000
- To qualify for the Tournament, Participants must;
- have cross-play enabled throughout the duration of the Tournament
- play on their main Activision account
- be at least 18 years old as of 22 July 2021
- be resident in the UK or the EU as of 22 July 2021 (such that they will play the Tournament from a location based in the UK/ EU)
- Participants will be invited to a Discord for centralised communication prior to and during the Tournament.
- Employees of Activision Blizzard, Jack Links and all associated companies are not allowed to participate in this Tournament.
- Activision Blizzard and Jack Links are the sole sponsors of the Moonryde Invitational. Participants agree that their inclusion in the Tournament is as an individual and should not reference, tag, or promote 3rd party sponsors in social media posts or other forums, either directly or indirectly.
1. General Rules
The Moonryde Invitational is an invitation only Tournament for Call of Duty: Warzone, hosted by Dario Ferracci (“Moonryde”) and Fnatic. The game mode ‘Quads’ in Battle Royale will be used throughout the Tournament. The Tournament is limited to players who are residents or citizens of the United Kingdom or a European country.
Everybody who is authorized by Moonryde, Fnatic or Activision Blizzard to administer the Moonryde Invitational based on its rules and regulations will be called an "Admin". In the following, the collection of all Admins will be called the "Administration".
1.3. Participants and Commitment
1.3.1. Every Participant must:
- have a valid Activision Account;
- be at least 18 years old as of 22 July 2021;
- be a citizen or be a resident of the United Kingdom or a European country as of 22 July 2021; and
- not be employees of Jack Links, Activision Blizzard and all associated companies.
1.3.2. By participating in the Moonryde Invitational, Participants acknowledge they will, without limitation, comply with the Tournament Rules and with the statements and decisions made by the Administration.
1.3.3. Every Participant acknowledges the right for the Administration to modify the rules and regulations for adjustments at any time without notice and if necessary overrule those to ensure fair play and integrity throughout the Tournament.
1.3.4. Every Participant has to show the needed respect towards Admins and other Participants. Insults and unfair or disrespectful behaviour towards anyone are not tolerated and will be punished in accordance with these rules.
1.3.5. Every Participant must join the required Discord server in order to be registered for the Tournament. The link to the Discord server will be provided to Participants before the start of the Tournament.
1.3.6. Every Participant has to try to win every round of the Tournament. Purposefully losing for any reason is strictly forbidden.
1.3.7. Vulgar, racist, sexist or otherwise offensive player names are forbidden. This will be at the sole discretion of the Tournament Admins.
1.3.8. Every Participant acknowledges the right for the Administration to edit players’ names if names are deemed unfit for display.
1.3.9. Every Participant in the Moonryde Invitational consents to the collection of footage, photo and audio material displaying or voicing them during the Tournament to be stored and used for announcements, website content and other publications by Fnatic, Moonryde and Activision Blizzard unrestricted and unlimited in terms of time and place.
1.4.1. All communication between Participants and the Administration has to be held in English at any time and at any stage of the Tournament.
1.4.2. The Administration may only be contacted via the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org or the Tournament Discord. This helps Admins to coordinate as a team and work faster on issues. It will be the sole responsibility of Fnatic to manage communications on behalf of the Administration between Participants and the Administration. Any other form of communication shall be ignored.
2. Format & Schedule
2.1. Tournament Format
2.1.1. The Tournament is a one day, Call of Duty: Warzone Tournament, with a main event and a special event. The main event will consist of four games where squads compete against each other to accumulate the most points over the four games (the “Main Event”).
2.1.2. The special event will take place between games two and three of the Main Event. It will consist of a single game where the winner will be the last team remaining when the game concludes. There will be a separate jackpot for the special event (the “Showmatch”).
2.2. Score metrics
The Main Event
In the Main Event a Team’s score will be the total of the Game Position Score plus the Kill Score plus the Bonus Kill Score (if applicable) for each of the four games added together.
2.2.1. The Game Position Score is the number of points a Team will get relating to their placing in each game as follows:
- 1st - 20 points
- 2nd - 16 points
- 3rd - 14 points
- 4th - 12 points
- 5th - 10 points
- 6-7th - 8 points
- 8-10th - 6 points
- 11-14th - 4 points
- 15-18th - 2 points
- 19-27th - 1 point
- 28-36th - 0 points
2.2.2. The Kill Score is the Kill Points multiplied by the Kill Score Multiplier.
2.2.3. The Kill Points are one point per kill for each team. The Kill Points are then multiplied by the following multipliers relating to the placing of the team (the “Kill Score Multiplier”):
- Top 5 placing in the relevant game - the Kill Points are multiplied by two.
- Placing 6-10 inclusive in the relevant game - the Kill Points are multiplied by 1.7.
- Placing 11-18 inclusive in the relevant game - the Kill Points are multiplied by 1.5.
- Placing 19-25 inclusive in the relevant game - the Kill Points are multiplied by 1.2.
2.2.4. The Bonus Kill Score is 10 points for the Team with the most kills per game and five points for the Team with the second most kills per game.
In the Showmatch the winner will be the last team remaining when the game concludes.
- You can only shoot if you have a single shot, bolt action sniper
- You can use nades/equipment to kill
- You can melee when equipped with a rifle or use fists when no weapon is equipped.
- No melee weapons (including shields, ballistic knife .etc) are allowed.
- These are the allowed additional 'weapons': vehicles
- Lethal & damage-dealing killstreaks are not allowed.
- Intel ones such as UAVs are, however.
- We recommend you race to get $10,000 to get your loadout, as people can't shoot unless its a sniper you are very free to run around the map and collect money
- We recommend you bring 2 snipers in your loadout
- This match is supposed to be fun, we hope to see some vehicle kills, some fistfights, and most importantly, some 360 no scopes!
Once participation in the event has been agreed between the Participant and Fnatic, Fnatic will send the Participant a link to where they can sign up with their squad. There is no entry fee.
2.4.1. The Moonryde Invitational will run on 22 July 2021 starting at 16:00 BST and ending at 20:00 BST (the “Tournament Window”).
2.4.2. Between these times, the Main Event will be played.
2.4.3. Between the second and third game of the Main Event, the Showmatch will be played.
2.5. Tournament Restrictions
Participants must commit to playing the entire Tournament. Squad Participants must remain the same for the entirety of the Tournament to ensure a level playing field. If Participants can no longer participate once the Tournament has started, the Administration will suggest next steps and the Participant may risk forfeiting their whole Team. This is at the Administration’s sole discretion.
3. Match Times
3.1. Match Times
Each game will be played at a time within the Tournament Window to be determined by the Administration in their sole discretion.
3.2. Rescheduling / Postponing
Matches cannot be postponed or rescheduled to another date or time unless determined by the Administration at its sole discretion for any reason.
If one Team is not ready to start at the official match time, the Admins in their sole discretion may disqualify the Team from the match or the Tournament. Admins may extend the punctuality deadline in exceptional circumstances to get the match played at its sole discretion.
4. Before the match
All Participants must join the Tournament Discord server and check in with Tournament staff, 15 minutes prior to the Tournament scheduled starting time. All Participants must be available at the time the Tournament rounds start.
5. During the match
5.1.1. Each Participant may live stream the entirety of their Tournament games with the permission of the Administrators. Permission should be sought through the Discord channel or by emailing email@example.com.
5.1.2. Each Participant that has permission to stream their Tournament must add to their stream (and maintain at all relevant times throughout the Tournament):
- a stream delay of exactly 60 seconds.
- Tournament branding (in the form distributed by the Administration).
During the Tournament games crossplay must be enabled for each Team to create an even playing field. This must be enabled within the account section of the party host before searching for a game.
5.3. Match Start & Restarts
5.3.1. From the time a match begins, Participants are prohibited from intentionally disconnecting from the game. If a Participant or Team disconnects intentionally after the game has started, the game will continue with the remaining players and will not be restarted.
5.3.2. A Team may request a match restart if the fairness of the game is seriously compromised by an issue outside of the players control. Matters that may lead to the match being restarted include but are not limited to:
- if the game crashes for all players.
5.3.3. All restart requests need to be flagged to the Admin team before a restart can be actioned. Evidence to support the request must be shared and the decision on the restart will be at the sole discretion of the Admin.
Every Participant must save their own replays of all Tournament games for at least seven (7) days. Upon request by an admin, each Participant must submit the replay to the administration within 24 hours. Failing to comply with this request may result in punishment.
It is prohibited to intentionally negatively impact your opponent's gameplay in an attempt to sabotage their chances of winning a match. With regard to vehicles, unoccupied vehicles are not considered to be the property of any player, and destroying them is not to be considered griefing.
6. After the match
6.1. Reporting the score
Each Team Captain must submit a screenshot of each game’s score via the Score channel in the Tournament Discord server within 5 minutes of your team no longer being in the game or in case of a victory when the game finishes. This evidence must be a screenshot of the end game leaderboard. Tournament staff will be monitoring the streams but will still require scores to be submitted by each Team Captain via the Discord channel.
Protest against any other sort of rule violation by another player can only be reported with video evidence. The protest must include a specific timestamp when the violation took place, the name of the player who committed the violation, as well as a clear description of what happened. Protests that either lack evidence or details such as timestamp and description will be discarded. All protests must be sent to an Admin via the Tournament Discord server or through the Tournament email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Rule Violation and Punishment
7.1. Possible Punishments
The punishments for any rule violations include but are not limited to:
- Loss of one match
- Disqualification from the Tournament
- Disqualification from future tournaments
- Prize Money Reduction
Punishments shall be at the Administration’s sole discretion.
In the main Tournament:
- 1st place will win £16,000
- 2nd place will win £8,000
- 3rd place will win £4,000
- The winner of the Showmatch will receive £2,000.
Prize money will be paid in GBP or Euro. If paid in EURO, the prize money will be paid at an exchange rate determined by the Administrators in their sole discretion.
8.3. Payment fulfilment
Participants who win prizes according to rule 8.1 are required to email email@example.com by 31 August 2021 with a copy of their passport and valid bank account details. The prize will be fulfilled within 30 days of receiving the required identity documentation.