Fnatic Group | Social and Community Policy
What is this policy for?
Fnatic is extremely online. Social media - which in this policy, includes streaming platforms - is how we conduct conversations with fans, players, commentators, sponsors, other teams and everyone else that comes together to create the esports community.
A visitor to our social media or streaming platforms should find an engaging and creative conversation and a welcoming and accepting atmosphere. This is the ‘spirit’ of this policy, and the reason why the policy exists is to ensure it happens.
To whom does the policy apply?
The policy applies to:
- posters on, and users of, Fnatic social media and community platforms. These include Discord, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok and Twitter.
- commenters and streamers on Fnatic’s streaming and VOD channels. These include Twitch and YouTube and, of course, Fnatic Live and Fnatic Network.
- Fnatic staff and players at all times while using social media or streaming platforms, whether or not those channels or platforms belong to Fnatic.
The Golden Rules
- You’re the boss. You’re responsible for whatever gets posted online via your accounts. Be careful with your log-in details.
- Be respectful. Don’t use hate speech or ethnic slurs, or engage in any conduct that you wouldn’t like if it happened to you. Don’t spam or troll voice channels. Respect also includes careful use of information belonging to others - for example, never sharing information which is private or which you don’t have the right to use.
- Be positive. You have the right to an opinion - so does everyone else. Shouting down someone else does not improve the quality of the conversation - it limits it. Be constructive in your feedback and you’ll do your bit.
- Support others. This is your community, and the openness and growth of the community is dependent on everyone supporting each other. If you see someone exhibiting a behaviour which is contrary to these rules, do something about it.
- Be smart. The internet never forgets, so use your common sense.
Fnatic's community is diverse. We are thankful and privileged to employ, be represented by, and be supported by people of all genders, sexualities, ages, faiths, cultures and ethnic backgrounds. This diversity is one of gaming's strengths: and the pursuit of diversity is fundamental to the achievement of our mission and vision. You can find our diversity policy at fnatic.com/diversity.
We do not tolerate harassment or intimidation towards other members of our community on the basis of gender, sexuality, race, religion, ethnic background, or a difference of political opinion. We remind our fans, and everyone who shares our pride in the Black and Orange, is that there is more that unites us than divides us. Do your part to help us ensure that all members of the Fnatic community feel safe and welcomed.
Fnatic reserves the right to moderate any of its social or streaming channels without prior notice, using human and bot mods. We can delete or vary any post or message that we consider breaches these rules in the letter or in spirit. We can also delete or vary any message that involves the buying, selling or trading of merch or accounts, or impersonates a member of the Fnatic team.
We will warn or ban/ block any individuals who persistently breach our policy. If you consider that these rules have been breached, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To the fullest extent permissible by law, Fnatic disclaims all responsibility for and liability associated with use of social media channels and streaming platforms with which it holds accounts.
Fnatic may use, share and repost any content posted to its social media channels. By submitting a post to a social media channel under Fnatic’s control, you grant Fnatic and its affiliates an irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive licence to use such content as Fnatic sees fit in its sole discretion. You indemnify and hold Fnatic and its affiliates harmless from any claim by a third party that such post comprises or incorporates their intellectual property.