Last updated: July 2019
We at Fnatic Limited (“we” or “our” or “us”) want to make sure all the personal information we have collected about you is safe and secure whether we collect it through our website at www.fnatic.com (“Site”) or from you via other electronic means (such as email or social media platforms) or in-person at our events. This notice sets out our commitments to you, in compliance with and beyond the General Data Protection Regulation (commonly known as the GDPR) and explains how we collect, store and use your personal information.
Collecting your information
Most of our pages on our Site can be accessed without giving us your personal information. If, however, you:
- Sign up to receive our newsletter (a “Subscriber”), we’ll ask you for your email address;
- Enter one of our giveaways or competitions (including the giveaways we run on behalf of our partners/sponsors), we’ll ask you for your name, email address, phone number and delivery address (a “Giveaway Entrant”);
- Purchase a product from our online shop (either via our website or via a Shopify platform using our tablet at an Event (see below), we’ll ask for your name, email address and delivery address (a “Customer”);
If at an organised event, you sign up to receive our newsletter, we’ll ask for you for your name and email address (also a “Subscriber”).
If you engage with us to provide a temporary service (i.e. you are a contractor, a freelancer, an influencer but you are not an employee or a consultant), we might ask you for your name, nickname, social handle(s), gaming tags, occupation, email address, home address, bank details, your dietary requirements or other health matters (a “Freelancer”).
Sponsor or other
If you are an individual that works at one of our sponsors or another organisation that we deal with, we’ll ask you for your name, email address and telephone number (“Others”).
How do we use your information?
|What do we use your information for?||What type of information do we use?||What reason do we have to use it (this is the boring legal bit…)|
|To send you information which you have asked us to send to you.||Name and email address||Only where you have told us you want to receive this type of information.
If you are under the age of 13 your parent or guardian must have given their consent to allow us to send you marketing messages.
|To send you other information which we think you might like such as details about product sales, competitions and events we are running, offers and discounts and any updates on esports.||Name and email address||We need this information to make sure we do a good job in managing your relationship with us and to comply with any request made by you.|
|To send you the prize if you win the competition||All the personal information we collect.||We need all this information to make sure you get the prize you have won.|
|To provide you with merchandise or other services/ products you have ordered from us.||All contact details.
If applicable your parent/guardian’s payment information.
|We need all this information to make sure you get the merchandise or products you ordered.|
|To help you if you have a question or you are not happy with something we have done.||Contact details and any chats we have had.||To make sure we deal with any issues you have quickly.|
|To enter into and perform contracts, where we may be supplying products/services to you and/or you may be supplying products/services to us or we may be involved in similar arrangements with third parties||All the personal information we collect||To enter into and perform contracts with either yourself or the organisation that you represent.|
|To make sure we are keeping up with health and safety.||Your dietary requirements or other health matters||It is in our interests to make sure we provide you and others like you with a safe place/environment to work.
Sometimes we may have to keep your details because the law tells us we have to.
|To arrange for any trip or transportation to and from an event.||Any ID cards or passport information you give us, details of family members and emergency contacts, your parent/guardian’s payment information and details about your health.||We need all this information to make sure we can make arrangements for any trip you go on.|
|To promote esports, our events or our sponsors||Any photos or videos of you||Only where you have told us you are happy to use your image.|
|To comply with our legal obligations||All the personal information we collect||To comply with any legal obligation or requirement|
|To enter into and perform contracts, where we may be supplying products/services to you and/or you may be supplying products/services to us or we may be involved in similar arrangements with third parties||All the personal information we collect||To enter into and perform contracts with either yourself or the organisation that you represent.
We have a legitimate to properly perform contracts with third parties
If you have told us we can use your information in a certain way, you can tell us to stop using it at any time (see Contact section below). Also look out for the link at the bottom of any messages we send you which will also put a stop to any messages.
Who else receives your personal data?
We may send your details to others to help us run our organisation. These are:
- Anyone you have said you are happy for us to send your details to.
- Organisations that provide services to us: such as marketing specialists, the people that manage our website on our behalf, third party payment providers, computer services (like our cloud storage services and collaboration tools) and third party mailing providers (e.g. Mailchimp);
- Organisations that help us: such as companies that help us with our supplies such as couriers, or companies that help us to deliver things to and from other parts of the country or overseas, marketing platforms, customer relationship management platforms and our affiliated companies (e.g. Fnatic Gear Limited, Fnatic DOO);
- The Government: where the law tells us to do so or to help them with any investigations.
- Police, law enforcement and security services: to help them with any investigation, prevention of crime or matter of national security.
We may share your personal information with third parties where required by law, where it is necessary for our working relationship or where we have another legitimate interest in doing so.
Those third parties may be located in third countries outside of the EU (see section below). By submitting your personal data, you agree to this processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this notice.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Transferring your data outside of the EEA
By using our third party providers (Mailchimp, Dropbox, Google, Slack, Sideqik, Close and Shopify) we may transfer the personal information we collect about you to the USA, if this is necessary, in order to perform our contract with you, or in accordance with any legitimate interests of Fnatic. Our third party providers including Mailchimp, Dropbox, Google, Slack, Sideqik and Shopify are registered with the US Privacy Shield. This means that those organisations within the USA have been deemed by the European Commission to provide an adequate level of protection for your personal information.
How long will we keep your personal data for?
We collect personal details from you for different reasons and so we might keep it for different lengths of time. For:
- Subscribers, it will generally be a period of 2 years after we were last in contact with you.
- Giveaway Entrant, it will generally be a period of 2 years after we were last in contact with you.
- Customers, it will generally be a period of 6 years after the last purchase.
- Casual Worker, it will generally for a period of 6 years after the end of our relationship with you.
- Individual contacts at customers and suppliers/sponsors this will be for as long as we continue to have a relationship with that customer or supplier/sponsor and then for a period of 6 years afterwards.
Your rights to your personal data and complaints
You’re entitled to know what personal information we hold about you and how that information is processed, which means you can ask us to do any of the following things:
- to provide access to your data;
- to rectify any mistakes relating to your data;
- to erase your data;
- to stop processing your data;
- to receive an electronic copy of your data;
- to object to our processing of your data;
- to object to any automated decision making that we may do using your personal data; and
- (automatic) to receive a notification of any breach of your personal data.
Just let us know (see Contact section below) if you’d like to exercise any of your rights.
If you’re unhappy with how any access request has been dealt with, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner by calling their helpline: 0303 123 1113 or starting a live chat at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
Our site contains cookies (a small text-only file that is placed on your computer by another computer on the internet to enable that computer to know when you are visiting a particular site). They are widely used in order to make sites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to our site owners. Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. Please be aware that if you decline to accept cookies, it may prevent you from taking full advantage of our site.
Overall, cookies help us to provide you with a better site by enabling us to monitor which webpages you find useful and which you do not. This helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse our site and also allows us to improve our site.
What cookies do we use?
Our site uses:
- functionality cookies. These cookies are used to recognise you when you return to our site. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences.
- strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our site, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Google analytics / performance cookies. These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors, to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it, provides us with information about the type of browser they are using, device and remembers if users have closed our pop-up information. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer.
We welcome any queries or enquiries or requests in respect of this notice, you can contact us by sending us an email on: [email protected].
Our company registration details are as follows:Fnatic Limited (company registration number 07805670)
2 Ebor Street